Client Substantiation Declaration
I confirm that I have been advised by YS Accountants as to the requirement to demonstrate that an expense has been incurred for deductible purposes, together with satisfying the SUBSTANTIATION legislation in relation to:
* Work, car and business travel expenses
In addition, I have been informed by YS Accountants of the need to OBTAIN ORIGINAL RECEIPTS carrying details of:
- name of supplier;
- type of goods/services purchased;
- date expense incurred;
- amount expressed in the currency it was incurred;
- day it was made out
I have been advised by YS Accountants of the need to keep the written evidence for at least five years.
I have also been advised of the consequences and penalties which will arise if the information I have provided is incomplete or incorrect and does not strictly comply with the SUBSTANTIATION or nexus requirements.
I have all income tax and SUBSTANTIATION DOCUMENTS necessary to support all the claims made in my income tax return.
Where items are used for both business and private purposes, eg car, telephone/mobile, computer, library, etc, I advise that I have kept appropriate apportionment documents to verify my business usage claim. Furthermore, I have instructed you to prepare the return based on my specific instructions.
I have read and understood the return prepared for me.
I confirm that I have engaged YS Accountants to only prepare my Income Tax Return.
- That I have disclosed to you all the income which I have earned,
- That all of that income has been declared in the return,
- That all the claims for deductions and rebates which have been included in the return are based on my specific instructions,
- That while I did not have the receipts to substantiate the above claims at the meeting, I will make them available if required by the Tax Office,
- That you have clarified what written evidence will be required during an audit and penalties that may be applicable if incorrect claims are identified,
- I hereby consent to my file being made available to CPA Australia for the purposes of a Quality Review in connection with the conduct of your practice. This process may include a file review of which my file may be a part of.